A preliminary assessment on unapproved flying objects or UFOs was provided by the U.S. intelligence community on June 21.
The investigation reported that 143 instances were unexplained. The nine-page dossier states that the sightings involved any American weapons programmes seem to offer no evidence.
In the following three to four months, Congress will receive an in-depth, final report.
The Pentagon has something to do with this revelation, and several intelligence services try to re-brand the UFO label to unexplained aerial phenomena or UAP.
William Konkolesky, Michigan chapter director of the Mutual UFO Network, indicated that sightings of UFOs arose during the pandemic of coronaviruses.
He mentioned two findings that most likely caused this uptick: “More individuals were capable of spending time outside and the Starlink project that simultaneously launched several low-flying satellites.”
Konkolesky was involved with the UFO network for years after he and friends saw three orbs hovering over their vehicles near Sterling Heights in 1989.
The network was founded in 1969. The association with more than 4,000 members is headquartered in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Bill Muphy is involved with the Center for UFO Studies in Chicago. He added that “sightings often took place while folks walked their dog.”
Murphy added mainstream media seem to handle the subject of UFO differently from in previous years. A May 2021 article in New York confirms that the Pentagon leadership takes the UFO matter more seriously.
Michigan has had its share of UFO incidents over the decades.
Near Dexter in 1966 a high-profile view of a pyramid-shaped object occurred. Investigators called it “swamp gas” later.
In 1975, the ground and air tower staff at Wurtsmith Air Force Base in Oscoda reported a dazzling white disc floating across the base. The disc was pursued by an aircraft of the Air Force which quickly fired into the upper atmosphere. Four additional military locations also saw in the following months a similar item floating above their installations.
What about sightings in north-eastern Michigan?
The UFO Network, UFO Center and press reports have shown a variety of odd, inexplicable situations:
- Early in the watch, a cigar-shaped object with a pointing nose and blunt tail with low tones was seen around M-32 and M-65 in November 1957. Thereafter no planes were cited by subsequent civilian and military air traffic controllers.
- A Hubbard Lake occurrence in July 1987 saw a number of V-shaped devices swinging softly with dazzling lights expelled by five young people from the low cloud. The objects reentered the formation of the cloud and quickly departed north of the lake.
- In August 2002, two cargo seamen watched the textured, triangular-shaped item float up the ship seven miles off the shoreline of Harrisville. The item turned 90 degrees and disappeared swiftly.
- In September 2009, a couple left their house in the vicinity of Onaway for the evening to close their chicken coop. Together they saw a big, triangular object pursued by a military jet. When the item was overhead, two dazzling white lights were noticed.
- In June 2007, an 80 year old homeowner of Posen went to the area of his fenceline to check what looked to be a ballon-formed object. When he arrived, the item immediately grew to the size of a vehicle and fired upwards. He reported that his hair was standing on the end and that his hands went stupid when he later touched where the thing was.
In October 2010, a couple saw a sky full of various low-flying white and red objects near the rural Lewiston region. The pair came back to the village where five people from a retail outlet watched. Later a huge yellow orb came out into the sky and swiftly came out. The view lasted about an hour.
- In June 2014, near Onaway, two youngsters witnessed an object ground near the barn of their property. A skinny grey figure went out and faced one of the young people. One of the youngsters said he was facing a beam and fell to the ground. Both revealed the figure bolted down to the ceiling of the barn and down to the surface of an abandoned car. The next morning, they noticed a dent in the roof of the barn and car markers
- An Alpine resident was on his back porch in April 2021 and saw four triangular objects in a straight line travelling east to west. They were fast and gave no sound or lighting.
There are dozens more Northeast Michigan reports. There are more.
A historical and current UFO and narrative map is available at ufostalker.com.
Local or state police should be informed of any kind of sightings. They can also be documented on the website of the Mutual UFO Network.